Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Artist Appreciation!

One of my favorite things about being an artist is getting to know other artists.  A couple years ago I had the distinct pleasure of getting to know Jiwon Shin, a graduate from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago in Illinois, USA and who now currently resides in Seoul, Korea.  Jiwon had such an inspiring presences that I felt it only fair to share her with the world!  After an short interview with Jiwon, I hope to leave you as inspired and bubbly as I do :o) Enjoy!


Where is a Favorite Place for you to Go?
Daegu, Korea
The 7th Wave [Café], in front of my house. It is a really quite and cozy place to work by myself. Plus the Milk Tea over there is really really awesome!

Who is your Favorite Known, or Unknown Artist, Right Now?
Seung Hye Shin, she is a jewelry designer and my sister! I am a fan of her!!!

What do you Consider the Major Influence of Your Work?
My personality. My artworks  are very playful just like my personality.  When people see my artwork, they immediately say, 'Jiwon, it’s soooo you'.

J. Shin, 2010
What is your Favorite Art Materials to Work with?
Felt!!!! Love it! Very soothing process to me!

What is your Favorite Subject Matter? 
My favorite subject matter is my emotions.

What is your Favorite mode of Transportation and Why?
Subway in Seoul. It is really convenient, safe, and clean….. the best thing is No traffic! I am pretty sure you will be amazed by the subway in Korea! It is just amazing!
Seoul, Korea Metro Lines



Where is Your Favorite Place to Shop?

The second floor at Daeback Plaza in Daegu! Very close to my house. Plus there are many different brands I like.

What is your Favorite Smell? 
Apple smell!

Of All Your Travels, Where is your Favorite Place and Why?

Big Sky, Montana
Yellowstone National park. It is just BEAUTIFUL! There is no word to describe the beauty of Yellowstone National park. If I could, I would love to visit there at least twice during winter for snowboarding!

Where do you Make Art?
I usually make  art in the center where I currently work because there are a VARIETY of art materials I can freely use there!

What is your Profession?
Yesterday was the first day of Teaching about Family Art Therapy Theory.


No comments:

Post a Comment