Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung

With the arrival of spring - I feel myself experiencing freshly awakened efforts to bring material and conversation to The Traveling Artist Blog. 

Machu Picchu, Peru


I feel some sense of responsibility to explain my most recent hiatus from the World Wide Web.  I wish it were some awesome reason of why I stopped sharing these past several months - some amazing experience I was having, a life defining-moment or altering event that kept me isolated from technology, and the supportive audience I have come to gather. 

Perhaps backpacking ancient civilizations in South America, fearlessly seeking the title of "The First Woman Under the Age of 30 to Cross the Sahara Wearing Nothing but the Color Purple and Singing Prince the whole way" ... or something less comedic - more soulful.  Seeking serenity in rejecting technology for three months: painting the sides of buildings in forgotten communities.

I'd have to say that all of the above is more-or-less untrue and less romantic by my definition - I just got bored.  I'd like to blame a number of things: life, finances, family, ans career - in the end I am the common denominator.  In situations of restless boredom - I have for years blamed my creative drive. 


Wheeler 2011

Damning it as an uncontrollable beast that only shows itself once or twice a year - expecting me to maintain the flame of inspiration and creation until it's anticipated return.  So on this hour, this day, this month, this year - I again blame the painful, vast, and lonely deep-pit of empty creative-drive that has kept me spitefully away from reaching out. 


Perhaps more important than where I've been - is why I am coming back.  Coming back to an audience I reached out to from behind my keyboard and invited into my processes and experiences.  SO for everyone who has visited my written word, asked follow up questions, posted a comment, or "liked" what I've contributed - Thanks for the continued support - I hope to bring you some things, and also beg for conversations that may spark some creative ember within myself.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment