Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Full Expression


Grant Park, Chicago Nov 2008
 Happy Election Day to All!  I hope everyone is exercising their given right to Vote.  For poll-finding info and hours click HERE!!

Last Wednesday marked the first Passport to Life Committee Meeting.  We came together and discussed issues important to us under the umbrella of inspiring students in the Chicago area and beyond.  I was excited that everyone involved saw what part they could play in making a huge difference in anothers' life and I want to welcome Shawn Bills as our Community Representative.

Chicago Fall Leaves
If I may acknowledge my current location and state of mind: I am sitting in Argo Tea at the corner of Briar and Broadway (a very Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago).  There are trance beats playing in between Maxwell and Portishead late 90's hits.  I just finished a piece of Quiche, and am literally sunbathing at one of their tea-bars facing the huge windows and 3PM busy streets.  For all practical purposes it's been a great way to  nurse myself back from a minor seasonal cold.

Weather the description of my day above registers as a 
  • 1: "Ehh, doesn't sound that cool." Or as a 
  • 10: "Kickass, I wish I was there too!" 
I want to remind myself, and whomever else is open for a "life-Post-It-note", that we all should take a moment and really revel in the small pleasures of life.  Whatever they are to us.  Tea-Houses with mellow music, a cute poster someone sees on the street during a morning commute, or the confident-mastery an 8 year old can have with a skateboard on their way home from school; Life is Now. 

For those who are still treating the days as a practice round - This Is It.  During the seemingly sleepy-months of the year I am dedicating to appreciating every inch of life and creating as many adventures I can into a given moment - Anyone inspired to Ride this season hard with me ... drop me an email and let me know "What your Favorite Thing about November Is!"  Thanks Again for Checking In!

Love Forever,
Maia

No comments:

Post a Comment